Linux Systems Administrator (Belltown)
We're a ~160 person strong, lean internet and web presence in Seattle that prides itself on open-source and DIY thinking and ability. We don't use like to use fancy vendors; we build things ourselves. We're an established, 15 year old, privately owned, stable, and profitable company.
Our team is a group of talented operations engineers with a large amount of large scale web and systems experience. We believe that the most challenging problems are best solved with KISS philosophy and a cold beer.
If you enjoy building creative solutions with open source platforms to solve challenging and difficult problems, we'd love to hear from you.
- Strong familiarities with some of the following:
•IPVS, keepalived, and distributed web environments.
•MySQL, replication, and dealing with large datasets.
•Puppet and configuration management concepts.
•BASH, python, or perl and useful command line utilities.
•XFS, Gluster, GFS, DRBD, Ceph, Hadoop.
- A very good sense of humor. (We'll make fun of your mom. A lot.)
- Being self-driven when solving problems. We throw you in the technical deep end to see if you can swim.
- Ability and experience count much more than certifications or college degrees. Can you implement the knowledge you have? Quickly? Creatively? With duct tape?
- Deal with daily operations engineering tasks ranging anywhere from server administration to advising developers on best practices.
- Continuously improve our systems! We're primarily LAMP, but run complex implementations of things like Puppet, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Be able to quickly troubleshoot and fix large distributed web-scale issues that are common to high traffic companies.
- Participate in a 3-tier on-call rotation (1 out of every 6 weeks).
We offer very competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits, profit sharing, 401k, flex-time, and a very fun work environment.